Rotary is a worldwide organization of more than 1.2 million business, professional and community leaders. Members of Rotary clubs provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the world. There are more than 34,000 Rotary clubs located in more than 212 countries and geographical areas. Clubs are nonpolitical, nonreligious, and open to all cultures, races, and creeds. As signified by the motto Service Above Self, Rotary's main objective is service - in the community, in the workplace and throughout the world.
We recognize we must spread the message of Rotary and create long term relationships by supporting the international exchange of students and embracing RYLA.
Our club fully leverages the opportunity for funding from District and International grants by having 1-2 large impact annual projects involving partners when appropriate. We realize we need funding for this good work that we do and we have inclusive fundraising events such as a mega tasting event with beer, wine, and whiskey. Our club has a priority to our community by supporting local issues. We also assure we can have a worthwhile impact with the donations to the Rotary International Foundation and are proud that every member donates every year with an understanding that 50% of that comes back to our district through grants. We fully communicate the good work we are doing with meetings focused on our projects with full disclosure of our funds and activities.
The Ninth Annual West Rotary Golf Fundraiser was held Thursday, August 18, 2016 at the Indian Creek Golf Course, 3825 North 202nd Street, Omaha, Nebraska.
We want to thank our sponsors donors and participants. A listing of sponsors is below.
- RAFFLE PRIZES - (prizes still being accepted)
- Omaha Storm Chasers (Martie Cordaro) - 1 Salvador Perez (KC Royals all-star catcher) autographed MLB baseball; 4 club seats plus 1 VIP parking pass - Omaha Storm Chasers vs OKC Dodgers (Triple LA Dodgers) Fri. Sept 2nd, 7:05 p.m. at Werner Park with post-game fireworks; promo item (1 Werner Park replica stadium)
- Gundersons (Michelle Sandbothe) - Beautiful Birds-eye maple humidor ($600.00 value)
- Champions Run - Dinner for four and a Brunch for four
- Rodge Bickerstaff - custom made wooden pens
- Walker's Inc. - four golf shirts
- CBSHOME Real Estate (JR Kammandel) - Black and red golf bag
- Lueder Construction Company (Greg Key) - miscellaneous golf items
- Dennis Hein - four bottles of wine
- Bank of Nebraska (Tim Riewer) - box of golf balls
- X-EQT LLC (Kent Templien) - Lazlo's gift card ($75 value)
- Morey-Voorhees Financial Services (John V. Morey) - Berkshire Hathaway Class B Stock - 2 share
- Cartridge World (Brad Rohrig) - Gift certificates (2 @ $25 ea.)
- Attention to Detail ( Ryan Snowdon) - Gift Certificate (1 @ $25)
Thank you for supporting our annual fundraiser!